ICSC Appoints John J. Wiles, Esq., State Director for Georgia
New York, May 4, 2015 – The International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC) is pleased to announce that John J. Wiles, Managing Partner of the law firm of Wiles & Wiles, LLP, has been appointed as Georgia State Director for a one-year term effective May 17, 2015. Wiles & Wiles, LLP concentrates on representing Commercial Real Estate Owners and Tenants in leasing and litigation. John regularly lectures on Landlord/Tenant Law and teaches real estate courses for credit through the Wiles & Wiles, LLP Real Estate School.
“ICSC is delighted to welcome Mr. Wiles into this new leadership role. His enthusiasm and willingness to contribute to the success of ICSC and the retail real estate industry will be of great benefit to our growing membership in Georgia,” said ICSC President and CEO Michael P. Kercheval “As the new Georgia State Director, John will continue to not only develop new and exciting programs for our members, but also serve as the voice of the industry for the full scope of sectors our membership represent, All of us here at ICSC look forward to working with John during the coming year,” Kercheval added.
ICSC’s success as an organization is due largely to the commitment, energy and expertise of the members who serve as volunteer officers. Every year ICSC appoints volunteer officers and tasks them with the responsibility of representing the association-at-large. These members possess significant knowledge of the industry and a willingness to make important and positive contributions to the future of the association.
Officers’ responsibilities include, but are not limited to, attending divisional committee meetings, discussing concerns and activities within their division with other ICSC officers, mentoring members and other ICSC officials, promoting committee participation and other ICSC activities, and ensuring that ICSC policies and procedures are upheld.
Founded in 1957, ICSC is the premier global trade association of the shopping center industry. Its more than 68,000 members in over 100 countries include shopping center owners, developers, managers, marketing specialists, investors, retailers and brokers, as well as academics and public officials. For more information, visit www.icsc.org.
Commercial Real Estate Attorneys Serve Georgia, Florida & Tennessee Landlords
Lawyers offer experienced advocacy in commercial property disputes
For 28 years, Wiles & Wiles, LLP has been the Metro Atlanta law firm for commercial landlords. Our attorneys are experienced negotiators and litigators who counsel commercial landlords throughout Georgia, Florida and Tennessee about preparation and negotiation of leases and related documents, variances, lease enforcement, tenant bankruptcy and other real estate issues.
Our legal team is widely respected
Commercial landlords know they can rely on the seasoned attorneys at Wiles & Wiles, LLP to resolve their legal issues. Since the founding of our firm in 1988, our lawyers have developed a reputation for:
- Knowledge — The community considers Wiles & Wiles, LLP an authority on the law of commercial Landlord and Tenant issues. The firm’s Managing Partner, Attorney John Wiles, frequently lectures to the State Bar of Georgia and has served in the Georgia House of Representatives and the Georgia Senate, where he helped pass many significant pieces of legislation. Janel Wiles is active in GAWL, the Georgia Association of Women Lawyers, and she has concentrated in lease negotiation and drafting for over twenty years. Jack Cotney is a former prosecutor with extensive trial experience. All of our attorneys are active in ICSC, the International Council of Shopping Centers.
- Responsiveness — We pride ourselves on our turnaround time, which is usually a matter of hours or days, rather than weeks or months. Our attorneys return every phone call promptly and provide clients with copies of all correspondence and important documents.
- Breadth — We practice in Georgia, Tennessee and Florida. John Wiles, the Managing Partner, is licensed in those three states as well as Colorado and Texas, and Janel Wiles is licensed in Georgia, Florida and Colorado. This allows the firm to better serve multi-state commercial landlords.
- Teamwork — The attorneys at our firm have worked together for many years. Everyone knows the status of every case, so any attorney can assist any client at any time. We're a team dedicated to solving problems collectively.
- Candor — Our clients count on us to give them the unvarnished truth about their legal issues.
Attorneys provide solutions for commercial landlords
Our Georgia attorneys counsel local, national and international property management firms in matters of:
- Leases — Commercial real estate firms rely on our experience in the negotiation and drafting of leases and all other related documents. We anticipate potential legal issues before they become problems.
- Variances — When strict compliance with a zoning ordinance or municipal code would interfere with your plans for your property, our attorneys work hard to win a variance for you.
- Lease enforcement and collection — When a tenant fails to pay the rent or otherwise violates the lease, you need a law firm that is experienced in enforcing leases and collecting judgments.
- Evictions — When you need to remove a tenant from your property, we handle the entire eviction process for you.
- Tenant bankruptcy — Bankruptcy triggers an automatic stay that halts creditors' collection efforts. Bankrupt tenants, however, must continue to pay rent if they continue to occupy your property. Our attorneys can help you get rent paid or possession of your premises.
- Commercial disputes — We are prepared to litigate your breach of contract action, domesticate your judgment or pursue your collection case.
Contact Wiles & Wiles, LLP -- The Landlord's Lawyer℠
The attorneys at Wiles & Wiles, LLP work with local clients, national companies and international businesses. Our law firm is a member of the International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC), the National Association of Industrial and Office Properties (NAIOP) and the Institute of Real Estate Management (IREM). Please call us today at 770.426.4619 or contact us online.